Heritage Council Community Grants 2022 - Closing Date 16th Feb
The Heritage Council’s Community Heritage Grant Scheme 2022 is now open for applications. This is an exciting funding opportunity for community and voluntary groups in County Wicklow. Check out the Heritage Council’s Website for full details.
See below for the main points.Closing date for applications: 16th February 2022 at 5pm through the Heritage Council’s online grants system
What’s new for 2022
- a) An increase in the overall allocation to the scheme from €1 million in 2021 to €1.5 million in 2022.
- b) The introduction of a set minimum grant request of €2,000 and an increase in the maximum request from €15,000 to €20,000.
- c) Inclusion of second and third level institutions as eligible applicants. Funding to primary schools is allocated through the Heritage in Schools programme.
- d) Eligible projects will now include traditional and craft skills to increase knowledge and awareness, enhance skillsets, and build capacity in this area.
- e) Inclusion of website development for heritage related groups. Experience from the 2021 Community Heritage Grants scheme final reporting has shown instances where groups do not have an adequately functioning website to showcase and promote their projects and the heritage of their area.
- f) We will host a grants information webinar at 11.30 am on 20th January 2022, with general application advice in the morning and timetabled technical heritage advice in the afternoon.
Only projects that can be commenced after an offer date in mid-April and completed before 19th September 2022 can be considered under this scheme.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to:
- Voluntary and community groups including not for profit trusts
- Heritage-related non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Museum Standards Programme for Ireland (MSPI) participants
- Adopt a Monument Programme participants
- Second and third level educational bodies (excludes private institutions)
Click HERE for more information
Heritage Resources from The Heritage Council:
Deirdre Burns, Heritage Officer, Wicklow County Council for any queries or advice firstname.lastname@example.org
Add a comment about this page