This cemetery rests on the site of a Penal era church where mass was celebrated by people and priests of Killaveney Parish. The Penal church was burned on November 11th 1798 by Yeoman soldiers but was later rebuilt. It was cruciform in style, with two transepts and a nave. The present church of St. Kevin was built in 1843.
See below document listing tombstone inscriptions from the cemetery: