Manufactured by Mauser in 1896, it was a clip fed semi-automatic weapon that held ten rounds. It could be equipped with a shoulder stock to make it more accurate and proved lethally effective in close quarters street fighting during Easter Week. It was used by a relative of the owner.
Presented by David Owens at the Wicklow 1916 Public Collections Day
Add a comment about this page