A green buttoned Irish dancing jacket made from Irish linen. Its brass buttons contain the letters IV and a harp denoting Irish Volunteers. It was made by a local dressmaker in Rathdrum, a Mrs McCauley who lived opposite Jacob’s Well public house on the main street.
Previously owned by Janie Kennedy nee Kearney, an all-Ireland Irish dancing multi winning medalist who wore it with success at many events. Her long-term dance partner was the grandfather of Mary Black (the well known international singer) who came from Rathdrum.
Presented by Eileen Kennedy, daughter of Janie Kennedy at the Wicklow Life 1916 Public Collections day
A brown shawl, embroidered with green belonging to an Irish dancing costume from 1915.