Glendalough, Co. Wicklow

"Ruins at Glendalough, Co. Wicklow, Ireland." This unusual view from within the gatehouse showing the Pattern Bank field and the base of the round tower probably dates to the 1850s before the restoration of the conical top to the round tower 1876.
[not indicated]
The gateway at Glendalough (WI023-008001-) pictured before the reconstruction of the round tower in 1876 and before the building of the steps up to the gateway seen today.
[not indicated]

These are nineteenth century stereoview images of the monastic site at Glendalough, Co. Wicklow. In particular the show the area of the ‘Pattern Bank’ which is located between the graveyard and the road adjacent to the gatehouse to the site. We are interested in the history of the pattern bank and would like to see early images of how it changed over time up to and including when the tea house was located there.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this